Membership & Shop
Neuadd Arms Hotel, Llanwrtyd
Sponsor or Donate
To the Loony Party
Read our latest policy suggestions
Local Elections 4th May 2023
Our candidates in the 4th May local elections so far:
- Sheik El Wright’ o in Pickmore Parish & High Legh Cheshire County
- Sir T Fied in Bognor Regis, Sussex.
- Howling ‘Laud’ Hope, Hart District, Hampshire.
- Baron Von Thunderclap in West Sussex County and Bolney Parish
- Mad Mike in Sheppey Central of Swale Borough
- Also on March 30th Lord Benny Baker is our candidate for Westgate Ward in Gloucester.
It’s not to late for May 4th if there are elections in your area, nomination papers have to be returned by 4pm on Tues 4th April. Call our nominations officer if you want to stand for the Loony Party 07946292557
Howling ‘Laud’ Hope – Party Leader
There will be local elections in various parts of the country on Thurs May 4th 2023 . If you want to stand for the ‘Official Monster Raving Loony Party’ in your area, you can’t just do it, you have to get an official certificate to use the party name. This can be obtained from our Nominations Officer, call him on 07946292557 with your details.
Howling ‘Laud’ Hope – Party Leader.
West Lancashire By-Election on the 9th Feb
Party Leader Howling ‘Laud’ Hope was our Loony candidate. Once again, we didn’t win, but 210 people wanted us to represent them in Parliament.
Ormskirk, Skelmersdale and their surrounding areas made up the constituency.
With kind permission from Tim Martin I used ‘The Court Leet’, a Wetherspoon in Ormskirk as my constituency meeting place.
I was there for 10 days, meeting up with Red Rocket Ron from Liverpool and doing ‘The Hustings’. We had some fun and I’m still smiling now about significant incidents.
The count night went as planned apart from not winning.
The Flying Brick, R U Seerius, Lady Helen Back, Red Rocket, Suzy Q, Christopher Robin, Sir Archibald Stanton and his best mate Gilly from Dewsbury, and local party member Nick Antrobus from Warrington, all joined me at the count.
Once again, stars of the show, everybody wanted their photo taken with us.
I would also like to mention the Red Lion in Newburgh, Newbold. Chris and his team looked after us very well.
I reckon at least 100 votes came from that pub alone.
Where will the next one be? We don’t know as yet. If and when, you might want to join in? You’ll be very welcome!
Howling ‘Laud’ Hope – Loony party Leader.
Chester By-election Roundup
Didn’t we do well, not coming last once again – he he.
I spent 10 days there embedded in the Wetherspoon ‘Bull and Stirrup’ Hotel. An excellent Party Political HQ, with the kind permission of Sir Tim Martin.
Word soon got around the city that I was there, many people came in / dropped by to say hello. If all those that said that they would vote for me had done so I would have won!
But there it is, I kept our flag flying with the help of my agent ‘Nick the Flying Brick’, superb job as always.
The Brick, Mr RU Seerius, Lady Hel ‘n Bak, Sheikh Mihand and Red Rocket Ron Stevenson were all there on the count night. Once again we stars of the show, with cameras flashing and everybody pleased to see us.
Every candidate was happy and shaking hands, “hello how are you?”, that is until someone wins.
Did you see the look on the Labour winner’s face when I shook her hand. She is now an MP helping to run country for all of us, no matter which party I belong to. I think this was pointed out to her, by more than a couple of people.
Our next foray will be sometime in the New Year, Jan/ Feb not too sure as yet. It will be in The West Lancs constituency and Ormskirk is the central town. Keep an eye on our web site www.loonyparty.com – I shall see you all there if not before my friends.
Howling ‘Laud’ Hope – Loony Party Leader.
City of Chester By-election
Nomination papers submitted and accepted for the Parliamentary By-election in Chester on Thurs Dec 1st.
Our candidate will be our illustrious leader, Howling ‘Laud’ Hope. Thanks to our intrepid treasurer, ‘Nick the Flying Brick’ for being his usual self, and going out of his way to make sure this is done!
Keep an eye on our web site for any updates, but any members in that area who would like to be involved, please get in touch.
Howling ‘Laud’ Hope – Party Leader
07946 292 557
Bolney Ward By-election
It wasn’t until the notice of poll was issued that I realised my proposer was an Earle! He and his partner Sas run the 8 Bells where staff and pub dog are all wearing ‘Baron for Bolney’ badges.
Kristy the Conservative candidate canvassed the 8 Bells, but was told that all of Bolney would be voting for Baron! Perhaps that’s why she said that she thought I was going to win the election when she introduced herself at our Parish Council meeting. She asked for some ‘Baron for Bolney’ badges for herself and her family which I gladly gave her so long as she promised to wear one.
If all of those who pledged to vote for me did I would win. In reality the winner will be the Apathy Party – supported by those who don’t vote and then complain about those elected.
Little chance of winning but confident I won’t come last.
Baron Von Thunderclap
Wakefield By-election Thurs 23rd June 2022
Well done to ‘Sir Archibald Stanton Earl Eaton’, for not coming last yet again. We beat UKIP and four other parties coming 10th out of 15.
I arrived on 19th June and ensconced myself into ‘The Victoria Inn’ in Horbury, part of the constituency. I was covering for Archie on the run up, as he had already booked to go to Crete before the election. Thanks to Christian the landlord, and his customers we had a few laughs and captured a few votes.
Archie arrived home on the Tuesday so we had a couple of days together canvassing. An entourage of 12 attended the count including The Flying Brick, RU Seerius, Lady Helen‘n’Back, Baron Badger. Everybody was pleased to see us, ‘it wouldn’t be a real election if you weren’t here’, we hear that all the time.
I did smile when I heard someone refer to Wakefield as Wokefield! Soon our day will come, maybe next time, who knows, we shall be there!
Howling ‘Laud’ Hope Party Leader
The Wakefield by-election was held on 23rd June 2022. Our candidate was local toff Sir Archibald Stanton one of the few candidates standing actually having a WF postcode.
All the Loony Party members congregated at our by-election HQ the Victoria Pub in Horbury early evening in anticipation of the count later that night. Some members enjoying a curry beforehand. There were eleven of us in total including Gilly, Sir Archibald’s right hand man.
The Count was at Thornes Park Athletic Stadium and on arrival shortly after 12.30am we were greeted to our customary reception with heads turning, cameras flashing and loud cheers.
People were keen to have photographs taken with us and remarked on our colourful attire.
Interviews were conducted and worldwide coverage from the TV stations ensured that we had much appreciated publicity.
There was a low turnout and as predicted the successful party’s name began with the letter L (Loony that is).
We finished tenth out of fifteen successfully beating the UKIP candidate.
The announcement was made shortly before 4am and afterwards we all went our separate ways proud in the certain knowledge that our Party had carried out its democratic duty.
A great night was had by all and we send our thanks to all our supporters and sponsors out there.
Watch out there’s a Loony about . . .
Sir Archibald Stanton of Earl ‘Eaton
Wakefield Proposed Manicfesto
People of Wakefield its time to Wake-up and vote for the only Candidate at this election with No Strings Attached. Vote Sir Archibald Stanton Earl ‘Eaton
- Along with the existing Government policy for levelling up the North with the South we will provide free Spirit Levels to all.
- We will reduce inflation by giving everyone free pins.
- To make trains safer, we will fit them all with cushions on the front.
- Any possible schemes thought up by Government Council , NHS etc, (such as closure of Hospitals, workplace parking levy etc) in the Wakefield area will be preceded with a Public Consultation which we will then ignore.
- We will combat corruption in public life by taking part in it openly, we will introduce a Board of Bribery who will set standardised rates?. #sleaze for the many not just the few.
- In order to calm down the passions and stresses currently exhibited in Parliament,the Loony Party would make all M.P’s have half an hours compulsory Tai chi everyday.This would counteract the other 23 ½ hours Chi Ting they do for the rest of the time.
- We propose to prevent identity theft instantly by calling everyone Chris.
- All political and electoral leaflets will be printed on soft paper so that it may be recycled in the appropriate manner.
- The Civil Service will be extended to all branches of government, because a little politeness goes a long way.
- To increase Jobs and wealth to the people of Wakefield. . . Once in power we will declare Wakefield independent from Westminster and convert Wakefield to an inshore Tax Haven.
- We will only paint yellow lines where you CAN park, this will save the UK thousands of pounds every day. Potholes deeper than 3 inches will be marked with a yellow plastic duck.
- In an effort to reduce the problems faced by the NHS, it is proposed to reduce pregnancy from nine to seven months.
- To protect pets and people of a nervous disposition we would introduce silent fireworks.
- With Government helped finance, AstraZeneca should buy out Pfizer, then, as we would have the rights to Viagra, the economy may stay up longer.
- Redundant Red Phones boxes in Wakefield will be converted to bijou accommodation to ease the housing shortage.
- To make things fairer we will introduce a Court of Human Lefts.
Printed for and on behalf of the Official Monster Raving Loony Party 59 New Barn Close , Fleet, Hants GU51 5HU
Sir Archie’s Hustings
Sir Archibald Stanton Earl ‘Eaton is the Official Monster Raving Loony Party candidate for the Wakefield Constituency.
He is a local Toff educated at Eaton – Earlsheaton that is WF12, one of the few local candidates standing and living in the area with a Wakefield postcode.
Apathy is the main contender in this by-election so WAKEY WAKEY you people of WAKEY and vote for Sir Archibald.If all the electorate in the Wakefield constituency who didn’t vote in the 2019 General Election voted for Sir Archibald in this by-election ,Wakefield would have their first Loony MP.
Look out for the Top Hat symbol on your polling card and put a large X in the box for Loony in the certain knowledge that you have carried out your democratic duty.
Remember the only wasted vote is one that’s not used, so if you don’t usually vote then vote unusually.
The Monster Raving Loony Party are the only Official Party standing on the 23rd June, the rest are unofficial.
Let’s shake them up. All you disillusioned people out there who are fed up with the same old faces, same old policies, same broken old promises – isn’t it time we told them what we think of them. Here’s how it can be done – Vote Loony you know it makes sense.
Sir Archibald Stanton Earl’s Eaton